FM12 Subs

Why has the FM12 demo retained the subs bug introduced into the series a few releases ago? You're not allowed to know what the score will be when your sub is implemented!

Testing the demo, I set a sub instruction. Someone scores and I'm locked into implementing pending subs. In real life, a manager cancels their pending sub. In FM, you have to contractually lock in your subs in advance and can't change them when action on the pitch has made the change redundant.

It makes no sense for FM to have rules that don't exist in real life.

It happened so much to me since this new rule was built into FM - In a game I want at least a point from, I decide to take off a forward for a defender and play defensive, but I concede a goal to go behind before the change has been made.... and the game then implements my now redundant subsitution to ruin the rest of the match.

As a result, I got so frustrated I stopped playing FM. I've been waiting for it to be fixed before buying another release of the game. I guess it's time to wait for another year.

The match is a highlight which is unfortunate it works out what has to happen before it happens so it works out there is going to be a goal but not a sub because that is manually entered. It is frustrating but thats the way it is.

I remember the 3 stops in play i.e. free kicks and throw-ins before my sub coming on. I think it also depends on what highlight mode you use.

Then they should return to the previous method of making subs before they moved to the unrealistic approach. Before, you indicated that you wanted to make a sub and the game waited until you reached a break in play and then asked you what sub you wanted to make. You made the sub and then the game carried on. The outcome was something that mirrored real life. Now it is very unrealistic and ruins the game when it happens.

In effect, your opponent *knows* if there is going to be a goal before the sub is made and you don't - the PC never makes a nonsensical sub immediately after conceding a goal does it? Only human players are put in that position.

Archived