Any one else have this issue with FM12 Demo?..

Okay, so to begin with the game was running smoothly, everything was all rosy. Then for some reason, the new tactics screen starts taking about 5 seconds to load when moving a player into another position, clicking on a players profile, adding penalty takers, etc, etc. In fact, when you do anything on the new tactics screen it takes about 5-10 times as long as it does for anything else on the demo.

The issue began when I imported one of my tactics from FM11 and added it to the match preparation.

Normally this wouldn't be so much of an issue to warrant a post, but it's now affected match day when I make a substitution of make a slight tactical tweak to the extent that it takes the game about 20 seconds to load between each minute.

I think it should be worth noting at this point that i'm playing the demo on a mac.

Would anyone from SI enlighten me whether it's a known issue, or whether it's something wrong on my end?

Chances are it is my end, but I've tried everything i can think of from quitting the game, reloading, restarting the mac, removing my newly made custom views for my team selection, etc.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I not sure whether this is really a bug or not.

Can someone from SI please get back to me? I've since uninstalled the demo and re-downloaded, but I am still having the same problem. Since this is essentially the same game that's will be coming out on the 21st, this is completely game-breaking and I have no idea what is causing it. As I will be playing online when FM12 comes out it's going to severely compromise the game, to the extent that it won't be practical for me to play.

No worries, I managed to figure out what I had done wrong. I had imported 3 tactics from FM11 and one of them didn't take (responding with a message along the lines of; Could not recognise file format). It was only after I had removed said file from 'Documents>Sports Interactive>FM12 Demo>Tactics', that the game resumed it's usual smoothness.

Archived