Question about international selection

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried a search and nothing obvious sprung up.

I'm managing Newcastle with an update (so I have the likes of Cabaye, Marveaux et al) and I've noticed very few of my players get international call ups.

Specifically; Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Three French lads who've been in brilliant form for a constant season and a half.

In that time I've won the League Cup (first season) and am now fighting up near the top of the Premier League (4th at last check with two games in hand) and these three have been paramount to my success, creating and scoring for fun.

Yet they are constantly ignored by the French manager. I've checked the French formation and they play a wide diamond 4-4-2 which means Marveaux and Ben Arfa could fit into the formation, Cabaye being a proper CM probably couldn't.

Having looked at the stats of the current LM & CAM, both of my players are miles ahead in terms of how well they've played. Ben Arfa has 11 goals and 13 assists to none and 2, and Marveaux has 11 and 9 to 4 and 8. They both have a higher average rating and seemingly doing everything necessary to be called up to the international team.

Why is this? Is it my team's lack of reputation? The players lack of reputation? Manager playing favourites or something else?

This has happened for other players too (Taylor outperforming both Ferdinand and Terry, but Smalling and Jones being first choice despite their average/poor ratings, as well as others.)

or more likely you've withdrawn them from international duty meaning they'll never be called up again...

there are lots of threads on it, and a workaround using the real-time editor, but I personally don't have the problem as I don't withdraw my players.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262315-Withdrawing-a-player-from-International-Duty?highlight=international+duty

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/259630-Withdrawn-From-Squad

Archived