Changed fron EPL to Spain - Help Reg'd

After some ten years or so playing solely as Chelsea, I read a thread here about the challenges of playing in Spain. So I started a new game a manager of Valencia. I'm pleased to say I have had a very good start but a couple of changes from the EPL I have found puzzleing and would appreciate assistance.

Firstly, I dont really understand what "registration means" I just added my 1st team squad. Does it mean that if I buy another player he can't play for a year? Also I think I can add 3 foreigner players to my squad - unlike the EPL correct?

Secondly, and more annoying is the unwanted transfer of youngsters. I have lost several where I simply get a message saying "XYZ Club has agreed personal terms with 'Joe Bloggs' having met Valencia's minimal release clause."

This is completely different to my previous playing experience and I hate losing these young players - Help!

After some ten years or so playing solely as Chelsea, I read a thread here about the challenges of playing in Spain. So I started a new game a manager of Valencia. I'm pleased to say I have had a very good start but a couple of changes from the EPL I have found puzzleing and would appreciate assistance.

Firstly, I dont really understand what "registration means" I just added my 1st team squad. Does it mean that if I buy another player he can't play for a year? Also I think I can add 3 foreigner players to my squad - unlike the EPL correct?

Secondly, and more annoying is the unwanted transfer of youngsters. I have lost several where I simply get a message saying "XYZ Club has agreed personal terms with 'Joe Bloggs' having met Valencia's minimal release clause."

This is completely different to my previous playing experience and I hate losing these young players - Help!

I haven't played Spain in a while but here goes.

3 non EU is the limit in the squad selection.

25 players in first team squad but youth players in reserves can also play.

You will be able to edit registration details in January transfer window i.e. remove players and replace with new signings but the limit is still 25.

All players must have min fee clauses in Spain, to combat teams taking advantage of this, set the fees extremely high when the player signs a new contract or in worst case scenario offer the player a contract at the same time as the buying team and he might opt to stay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

- 3 non EU is the limit in the squad selection.

- 25 players in first team squad but youth players in reserves can also play.

- You will be able to edit registration details in January transfer window i.e. remove players and replace with new signings but the limit is still 25.

- All players must have min fee clauses in Spain, to combat teams taking advantage of this, set the fees extremely high when the player signs a new contract or in worst case scenario offer the player a contract at the same time as the buying team and he might opt to stay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

in spain every player has a minimum fee release clause but you can set it up to about 120million or so. good for managers poaching players for spain but not so good for managing in spain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this unique to Spain - or are there any other counties were one can poach?

Lots of South Americans have min fee release clauses but i'm not sure if it's a rule like Spain. Players throughout Europe have then as well as it can be incorporated in most contracts e.g. in 8.0.0 Martins and Owen both had release clauses with a set price of roughly £12m, unfortunately it's just a matter of scouting them and having a look at their contract screen to find out if they do or don't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Lots of South Americans have min fee release clauses but i'm not sure if it's a rule like Spain. Players throughout Europe have then as well as it can be incorporated in most contracts e.g. in 8.0.0 Martins and Owen both had release clauses with a set price of roughly £12m, unfortunately it's just a matter of scouting them and having a look at their contract screen to find out if they do or don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in south america the release clause isnt something you set. it has something to do with the size of the contract.

with the regerstration in spain you can have 'up to' 25. you can chose less and if you sign some one from a free mid season you can give him one of the num,bers you didnt assign. also your 'b' team will have another 22 numbers you can assign and if you are lucky enough to have a 'c' team then that gives you a further 22.

If you play in 2B, there's a 22-player limit with no non-EU players allowed, which is even more challenging. Especially if you don't have a Reserves team which means you're down to 22 players plus your 22 Under-19s, most of whom will unfortunately be rubbish.

It makes it very challenging with injuries, of course, as you don't have the benefit of an extended loan window like in England as they can't be registered in time.

It should be noted, though, that the restrictions don't seem to apply to the Spanish Cup, in the sense you don't have to register players for that competition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jbrowes:

Whilst on the subject of Spain - out of curiousity what does REAL & S.A.D stand for in English? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real means Royal not sure about S.A.D though.

S.A.D. is Sociedad Anonima Deportiva.

It means the club is owned by shareholders, unlike Madrid or Barça who don't have owner,just have members who should vote all important decisions.

SAD can take decisions only by the willing of shareholders, without consulting members.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

in spain every player has a minimum fee release clause but you can set it up to about 120million or so. good for managers poaching players for spain but not so good for managing in spain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to absolutely clear on this - when I get my annual bunch of youngsters, do I have to immediately give them contracts with ans set a high minimum release clause? So age does not matter - even 15-year olds?

My grammar & spelling was awful. But I think you understand my query. Do I no longer wait until a youngster reaches a certain age before offering a contract? Can I offer a 15-year old a contract?

I just want to make sure that I stop losing my youngsters!

Archived