Transfers!!!!

THis is so annoying! I'm running a Scottish league and playing Peterhead. In the January window myself and Annan Athetlic both offered contracts to a 30-year journeyman from England who would make a big difference to the team. Firstly, the guy says I can't offer him enough wages, but I offer £1700 a month, £45k signing bonus anyway. Peterhead at this stage are in Division 1. Annan are in Division 3, are semi-pro, have a ground that's three times smaller and can only offer £1300 a month. So he signs for them! Why? There's no reason given! Even if it's something arbitrary like, oh i like the pubs in Annan, or my mother's granny lived there in 1891, would have eased the disappointment.

I think where there are more than one contract on the table that (a) negotiations should be a bit more complex and give you the chance to outbid the opposition or (b) tell you why the player prefers another bid BEFORE he signs so you can change your offer or © give a variety of dubious reasons why he didn't sign.

Well here's the next one. Peterhead have now arrived in the Scottish Premier and we see good old Giggsy having one last season before being put out to stud. Now, Peterhead is not the most attractive place on the Scottish east coast but we were offering £3,000 a week and top flight Scottish football. He doesn't have to leave the UK. Instead he prefers to move to Belgium to join an amateur status, second division club with basic training facilities for £525 a week. Now I'm sorry, but that's just totally ridiculous. Unless Giggs has developed a passion for waffles, there's no way on earth he would have signed for them. In fact he wouldn't sign for us either in reality, but as this is a game it makes it more interesting to have these kind of signings. But, given the choice of the two packages, you can safely say he wouldn't be going to Belgium.

We are aware of this issue and it is being looked at. Thanks. :thup:

Good, you don't mind players going to better teams or for more money, but signing for much worse teams on lower wages makes no sense.

Clearly there's some gameplay issues underneath all this. You get to sign players you wouldn't normally get because you need to improve your team significantly in order for them to be consistent winners. This signing for the wrong team is obviously to stop you from hoovering up ALL the good players. If the game engine took more consideration of the actual skills of the players you could make the transfers more realistic.

• 2 weeks later...
I quite enjoyed it when Joe Cole signed for a League 1 team for about £1500 a week. Still not doing the business there either!! :D

Even better. It's August 2016 and Modric and Messi are both playing for Bolton. Messi's only 29 and is a still a bench warmer! The AI managers certainly don't like playing him in FMH!

Archived