eastwood town=championship any advice

okay so im in the year 2016 and i have taken eastwood all the way from bsn to lge1 championship. i am still playing in a 5500 cap stadium and am extremely concerned about next season.

i have a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season which i intend to release and keep a smaller squad.

my concern is i have been playing a 4-3-3 formation for the last few seasons which has done very good for me obviously BUT i have been playing my other notts county save with the mourinho c/att tactic. now do i switch tactics or stick with what the squads familiar with?

also has anyone any really good advice how to approach this 1st season in the championship so long as i finish 20th or above ill be pleased!!!

i personally would keep to the tactics your team have grown to playing in but thats just me

thats what im thinking but mourinhos c/att has been very succesfull too and i love the style of play my only concern is im overloaded with strikers and have no wingers!!!

i wouldnt change it mate. itl cost you money you probably havent got on new wingers unless you shift a few strikers. Why dont you go xmas period with the tactic you currently use and if your struggling change then?

think im gonna roll with it im about to release about ten players so i think ill be trying for loanees and freebies etc as ive just checked finances im already 300k in thred only on 10th june preseason im really worried now!!!

With Tonbridge Angels, I found the Championship the easiest of the divisions. I made minimal transfers and tactic changes and still coped fine, then won the league the next season.

Same here with Torquay United. First season I squeaked into 3rd place in League 2 via a run of good form over the last ten seasons. Second season I got through League One thanks to another late run pushing me into the last play off place and then facing an inept Bristol Rovers side in the play off final. Both seasons were hard struggles and I only really got promoted to the Championship because Bristol Rovers seriously didn't turn up for the final.

In the championship I struggled first season because I kept drawing games. Ended up drawing 21 over the season, which is a stupid amount, because I kept conceding late goals and throwing away matches. Also my best striker was constantly injured and the rest wasted numerous chances. I also spent rather a lot having had a couple decent cup runs the season before.

My 2nd Championship season was a breeze though. Signed 5/6 recently released Premier League players on free transfers and my best striker was fit for the whole season. I started with a run of six straight wins and although the team was indifferent and patchy over Xmas, I managed to win the league ahead of Newcastle and Villa scoring over 100 goals. I hadn't dominated Leagues Two or One like this despite having a club more suited to them. The Championship definitely felt easier to me.

Archived