An Idea for FM13 (Yes Another One)

I am sorry if this has already been mentioned but I thought it might be a good idea so here goes...

I think that FM could reflect the relationship between the manager and the board in greater detail- for example, actually having a proper job interview with the chairman to see if you are up to the job or if you even want to work for that chairman.

Possibly you could even argue that there could be a board meeting every 6 months or so where you are asked to make yourself accountable for the performance of the team and other issues whilst maybe getting the chance to ask questions of your own. They amy want to ask you why you issued a press statement claiming that the board are not supporting you despite the £50m transfer budget.

I know it might sound a bit gimmicky but I think some of these changes would better reflect the realism of modern day football where the relationship between the manager and the board is almost as important as the relationship between a manager and his players.

I was thinking about job interviews the other day. There really should be something other than "Can I have the job?" *Board checks your reputation* "Sure!/No thanks/gtfo!"

A job interview would really add realism to the game, and mean you could usurp slightly more prestigious candidates by answering questions about your ambition for the club, previous experiences (why did you sell that player/why did you move clubs so quickly a few years ago?), the ways in which you intend to carry out your job, your ruthlessness in removing dead wood or loyalty to players etc.

One board may want a manager who will promote the team as a family affair and require you to keep certain players on the wage bill far beyond their sell by date or another may want you to play an attacking brand of football whether you are successful on the scoresheet or not (Ross County).

I don't think it's a gimmick. This kind of thing is very important in real life.

But they can't implement this until they fix the current interactions, like press conferences, players chats and manager to manager media releases.

These are currently in need of a big overhaul, and adding anything else right now will just make the game even more annoying.

Archived