Australian Hyundai A-League - dynamic league reputation bug solved! (I hope)

I have created new Asian Champions League in the editor. I prepared it just for tests, so it is simple cup competition, that included Australia and other 7 Asian top countries (4 teams from each country – 64 teams in whole competition).

I moved start of ACL to the date after finishing Hyundai A-League finals series. (in reality Final series competition of A-League finishes after ACL squad registration)

I “played” 2 seasons in holiday mode and I found 2 conclusions:

1. I have prepared the most stupid competition in the history of football

But…

2. As I checked in league reputation table, HAL regular season and final series are at the same level and have the same number of yellow stars – as at the beginning (in default database during first season HAL started to fall down)

I know, that my test was too short to be sure, but first impressions are interesting.

I think that the source of problem is too early date, when ACL leagues starts (before ending HAL finals series) and HAL teams play in ACL one season later, than they should. So I think that the game recognizes, that there are no Australian teams in ACL.

http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=72539

Promising from a short test you should consider holidaying for 10 seasons. Also if you wanted something more complex then the above link has a download of a user created re-doing of the Asian continental competitions. You could try switching the dates in that xml, would take a bit of time but worth while if you really wanted to play in the A-League.

I'd much rather SI get themselves together and actually prove that could give a toss about leagues outside Europe...

The MLS and the A-League need sorting out, after reading your posts and a few others it put me off returning to the A-League after having a lot of fun there on FM10.

Lots of leagues need sorting, Mexico for example doesn't give you credit for league wins at present, nor do many others. A-League and MLS need the most attention by far though because as you say its pretty much pointless playing them in a long term save the way it is at the moment.

I have created new Asian Champions League. Tested 6 seasons. A-league Reputation is stable. Not falling down

But there is one problem. From Australia there are 2 teams in my ACL. But both are always from Regular Season (1st and 2nd place). Even if other teams win the Finals Series.

Can I force the game to select teams from Regular season and Final series as in reality?

Archived