Why does board confidence decrease?

I am a manager of Man Utd and in the past 3 seasons, I have been winning everything there is to win. But I still can't get the board to be "absolutely delighted with my performance!" I started as an Unproven Reputation in the game and took United immediately.

What must one do to achieve "absolutely delighted" rating! The furthest I have gone is "very pleased"! My reputation after 3 seasons is now world class.

Anyone experience the same problem? The only request I make to the board is to find some feeder clubs for my team. My finance is also excellent!

Originally posted by Nomis07:

Is there an absolutely delighted rated? Perhaps very pleased is as far as it goes and you've actually reached the top. I think i've seen "ecstatic" though.

Yes there is. In another game, I took a non league team and won them promotion is successive seasons with a few good cup runs to go along as well. The board was absolutely delighted with my performance.

Must I stay in Man United for twenty seasons and win the ECL every season to get this rating!??

Perhaps that's it then, winning everything with Utd is maybe expected so they are just "very pleased", but you would get "delighted" if you won everything in your first season with Fulham.

Anyways the confidence system isn't totally up to scratch and there are a good few problems with it. I won the CL and League and the board were satisified because i'd went out early in the cup icon_rolleyes.gif

Success is relative. When United wint he prem, the board always say "we are happy, but focus must be maintained to concentrate on other competitions".

or something along these lines. Now, I imagine that because of this attitude they are never going to be absolutely delighted as you are only acheiveing expectations. All the other minor confidence sections (player signing/form etc) may have an impact on the overall confidence rating.

So, as you are winning 'everything', which must be a tad boring, and very unrealisitic, I doubt you will ever get sacked, but maybe you should have a look for a 'sleeping giant' to return the clubs fortunes. Or even go non-league again, and see what you can do for them, with your world class rep

Originally posted by redUTDgoose:

Success is relative. When United wint he prem, the board always say "we are happy, but focus must be maintained to concentrate on other competitions".

or something along these lines. Now, I imagine that because of this attitude they are never going to be absolutely delighted as you are only acheiveing expectations. All the other minor confidence sections (player signing/form etc) may have an impact on the overall confidence rating.

So, as you are winning 'everything', which must be a tad boring, and very unrealisitic, I doubt you will ever get sacked, but maybe you should have a look for a 'sleeping giant' to return the clubs fortunes. Or even go non-league again, and see what you can do for them, with your world class rep

What if you achieve first place in the Hall of Fame records? Will the board then be absolutely delighted with you? Will you get a new United stadium named after you?

Archived