Rise of Erdivisie

ok so a while ago i started a save game with the intention of testing (for my enjoyment) the new dynamic league rep, i decided to pick dutch Erdivisie for my project since they are sufficiently low ranked and also have a nice national team which means they can sustain decent home grown talent. So far i have managed to get them to rank #2 in the european league table (damn EPL is too strong :p) just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences in lower ranked leagues?

also i feel their should be some way to agree new TV contracts for the league as atm is still only 5m (tho Ajax for example get 8m from individual deal) which is well below the 40m of the Prem. I think that with a rise in rep the money should correlate as interest in the league grows.

Another issue i have found is that player values are quite low compared to the traditional big 3 leagues which makes it harder to sell them for a nice price compared to the same level players in Prem

Just to give some detail, i started out with FC Utrecht, reason being i felt i needed a team i could build up to rival the big 3 (Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord) which would force them to 'catch up'. After making them a dominant title contending team i moved to Groningen for a few seasons (managed 6th place both times) then i moved to become England manager (irrelevant i know) before signing a deal with Ajax and trying to make them #1 again.

I never managed to win CL with a dutch team but Utrecht won it twice after i left and Ajax and Feyenoord also won it with AI teams. I managed Ajax to the final once but lost against Man Utd

Nice :) I sadly haven't yet really gotten this far...

Have been playing in Holland too for quite a while, but with a low league team (Smitshoek). Managed to get them to the Eredivisie, but went to another team before managing to ever even reach European football :p They did however got into the Europa League the season after I left. But all in all it didn't help the Dutch competition ranking at all xD

Now trying my best in Hungary (at Paksi SE).

@ Magicz: Eredivisie (at least irl) is overloaded with debts too. Look at Feyenoord, they used to be top3 each and every year, last year they finished 9th. Simply because they can't afford to buy any good players anymore. Their own good youths even choose FC Twente and PSV above Feyenoord now. PSV just recently sold part of their training grounds to the city of Eindhoven to get rid of their debts. Ajax sold Suarez for 27 million Euros, most of the money was used to pay off debts... :p

The Eredivisie is a league on the rise-as is the Bundesliga.

The Premiership is on the decline though (overloaded with debt and greed unfortunately.)

If you can point me towards any league which isn't overloaded with debts I'll show you a league which is either boring or in denial. And the Bundesliga has a self-imposed "rising limit" due to the financial rules. They will never be as much of a force in Europe as other leagues.

Archived