Strike Partner..?

I have recently started a new game with Valencia on FM2010. I play a flat 4-4-2 formation and currently have Villa and Ruud Van Nistelrooy up front as my first choice strikers. My backups are Fat Ronaldo and Zigic. I'm 3rd in the league 8 points behind Real with a 2 games in hand after about 13 games. I sold Mata for 15.5m to City as he wanted to leave

Basically my point is I have David Villa who has scored 25 in 20. Ruud and Ronaldo are very injury prone and I feel Zigic just doesn't fit into my vision so will offload him in January.

I have 17m in the bank and need any suggestions for a decent goalscorer who will get 20+ goals in a season for me. Khouma Babacar is on my radar but feel he will be too young to play every game so would need to wait whilst he develops.

Any suggestions?

Sam

I take it you're not on FM11 with having Villa at Valencia.

Suarez, pre Liverpool move would cost around £15-20m. However, it'd take a huge bid for them to consider selling now. I tested the water and they quoted me with £100m, which I negotiated to £70m.

You could try Oscar Cardozo, plays for Benfica. I got him for 11.25m in season 11/12, but he may be cheaper earlier in the game. Was great for me as a 'Deep Lying Forward' - 'Support', set in tactics as 'Target Man' - 'To Feet', playing on the left.(the only player I have ever given the instruction 'Long Shots=Sometimes)

I would personally take a chance with the 16yo god Romelu Lukaku at Anderlecht. You could try to buy him but I think the best strategy is a 'Loan To Buy' deal (can't remember the best future fee 5 to 7.5m 'ish, you'll find it somewhere on this site) and offer him a contract as soon as you appear on his favoured personnel list. With game time he will quickly pass Cardozo and plays equally well on left or right. I bought him for 24m season 12/13 and he was great for also but as a 'Complete Forward, - 'Attack' and set as 'Target Man' - 'To Feet' under tactics.

Lukaku starts off with a high reputation and it can be hard to get him tutored, so the earlier you get him the better.

If you like them both, why not buy them both, Lukaku can then rotate/sub for either striker, dropping to 'Support' if replacing Cardozo.

Archived