How to Offer Players to Clubs?

This sounds like a dumb question, but how do I offer players to other clubs in FM 11? I have searched through the menu's and can only find how to set their transfer status to transfer listed. I don't want to do this, as I want to see if I offer him what interest it might generate, but I don't want to anger him.

Thanks.

I've right clicked on the player's name, but the only options under transfer and contracts I see are to set transfer status, offer new contract, or set squad status. When I go to set transfer status on that screen there is no option to offer player to clubs, only to transfer list or list for loan, how much I want for the player, or set their squad status. I have spent the better part of an hour looking on every screen I can find and nowhere do I find a command to offer a player to clubs. I'm baffled and I've been playing versions of this game for the last decade!

Well, I'm trying something new and am playing in the MLS. I normally play in the European leagues. Could it be due to the league and not being able to offer players?

I'm a regular watcher of MLS, but I don't pretend to understand the transfer system or the way contracts work. I've only ever attempted one game, back on an older FM, gave up very quickly.

Archived