Team match preparation

i have read somewhere that u can exploit match day prepartions. apparently if u keep team blend on until match day and change to attacking of defensive etc u can get the benefits of team blending which helps your team with morale and cohesion and has no attribute effects on the pitch unilke the other options which give bonuses to eiither attcking play of defensive or set peice. and if u choose one of these on match day you gain there beneifts also. I am not fully aware how match day preps work and would like to clarify if this is true becuase i dont like to exploit my football manager game.

If its like how the OP explained then it is an exploit because instead of focusing on the attacking set pieces for the week leading up to the match the team focuses on team blend during training and then gets the advantage of using attacking set pieces on top of it (for example).

thats exactly what i mean, if it is as i explain then there is no real point to match preps other than just remembering to check team blend and check something else before the game. becuase you can get benefits from both options which seems quite daft.

I think this would be pretty tricky to prove or disprove without input from someone with inside knowledge.

One would hope that the Attacking Set Pieces (for example) would be a bar that fills up gradually depending on how long you have focused on them for - just that that bar isn't currently visible. I have no idea if this is the case or not but it would make the most sense.

Your players must be pretty poor if they need to practice set-pieces for a whole week...

It's not an exploit, but I think you're supposed to change it the day before a match to get the benefits (players don't train on match-days generally)

Personally I assumed changing it during the week was how it was supposed to work. I mean you wouldnt in reality spend a whole week just focusing on one aspect. I usually have it set to team blend or none then the day before the match switch to attacking movement or defensive. Would be good to get some SI confirmation on exactly how this works, although judging by experience it will be 3 or 4 years before its fully understood and perfected as a feature :)

Archived