Shock - Question for Marc

Hi Marc

I have just recognized a very strange thing and I hope you are able to give me a clue.

I am playing in my third season and just led York City from BSP to L1 - :D

I want to talk about my 30 year old Forward:

7th league game - Win at home against Yeovil - 6:2 -- :cool:

My forward scored two and gained a 10 for his performance. Overall 5 games so far, 5 goals, performance 10-9-8-10-10, rating average: 9.32 !!

Before the game he was listed with a 6 star rating at both. 4 days later during set up my team for

the next game he is down to one star rating both.

:confused::confused:

Makes no sense at all - any idea?

Oliver

• SI Staff

Sounds very strange - any chance of you forwarding the save game onto me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) .... then I can look into it, I agree from the sounds of things thats just 'wrong'.

From what I've experienced so far:

1 - In general, ratings are *very* related to form. Try to search for players and sort them by ability in the very beginning of the season. Players with one or two matches and an average rating of 8-9 will be artificially boosted up in the ranks, and become the 'best of the world' for a couple of rounds!

2 - There's something with age. Forwards normally start declining around this age, so probably his hidden ability had gone down considerably, and this was duly noted by your assistant.

Hi Rafafloripa

Has nothing to do with both of your explanations. It is simply a bug as confirmed by Marc in his second answer!

Oliver

Marc did not confirm a bug. He mentioned a 'logged issue'. Maybe this 'issue' is related to how the game sets up the assistant to judge the ability, and therefore might be related to what I've written. However, I'm not at SI, and I can't check your save game to be sure.

Archived