Mid season Fluff

Mid season fluff seems to happen every season come the end of december till about the end of feb no matter who i am, what league im in or whatever i do ?!

I got it in England, but that's normally because I had a horrific Christmas run in. My squad just couldn't deal with the intensity of games in December and (if I was doing well in the cups,) January. That led to knackered confidence, and I'd normally spend until mid-February or Marcg building them up again.

My Napoli form became sketchy after New Year, compared to our brilliant form pre-Xmas. However, i decided to take action.

I dropped my out of form young CB, who had been marvellous prior to the winter break. I told him i'd rest him and he said thanks, that he needed it.

Dropped my LB, told him i was gonna give him a break.

Bought 2-3 of my most experienced players back into the team.

Refrained from slamming my team for late equalisers/poor performance etc

Tweaked my lineup slightly, playing a bit more cautiously.

Basically it worked. Gotta rotate.

I tend to have this problem too. I don't change my tactics, because I think that imposing a new, unfamiliar, system on the players causes more harm than good. The fixture pile-up at the end of December and throughout January leaves me with little choice but to rotate the team anyway.

I'll sometimes bring in a new player during the transfer window, but other than that, I just try to ride it out until the fixtures list becomes a little less congested and I can start putting out a regular starting eleven again. Usually, once I go back to having a week between games every so often to get fitness levels back up, my team's form start to improve again.

Fortunately, because of the winter fixture congestion, most if not all of my nearest competitors encounter a blip in form too.

Archived