Football Manager 2011 error

I had this 2 nights ago, And I have heaps of hdd space (58.2 gb free) & memory (4gb). I put it down to my crap ISP performance. I do a regular virus scan, defrag and disc cleanup amongst other things. Probably do that bi-weekly. Lucky for me it hasn't come up since 2 nights ago, but have had alot of (Not Responding) crap.

the computer had automatically only allocated 2.8gb for virtual memory so I increased it to the maximum available which is 4.219gb so by doing that, I certainly hope I wont be getting this error anytime soon. It was the 1st time it ever happened to me in CM/FM history and I started playing it when cm01/02 was out

I would advise you all that are having this problem to adjust the virtual memory settings as explained above and type in the maximum recommended which is usually a tiny bit OVER the amount of RAM you have. Use the same number in the minimum and maximum box. You may need to restart your computer for those new setting to take effect.

Also if you have a ram/memory hogging anti-virus program like AVG then uninstall it, totally remove it from your computer and install a low memory using anti-virus program like Avast!.

That should make enough difference for you not to worry about FM running dangerously low on memory ever again.

That is all I have done to fix my computer since last night. I have also edited a couple of numerical values in my registry editor to allow my computer/laptop to startup & shutdown quicker. Have also uninstalled programmes I do not use nor need anymore.

Hopefully by spending half a day doing all this, it will mean I wont have anymore LOW MEMORY issues. And most certainly little to no more of the dreaded (Not Responding) browser issues I seem to be getting dozens of times daily before today.

• 1 year later...
That means that the activation code has been used 5 times, which is the maximum allowed. Have you just bought the game and if so, from where?

Try installing the 11.3 patch before activation.

i bought original game in game store two years ago. now i bought new computer and want to install it. ok, i'll try do that. thanx

Archived