Manager of the Season???

I finally completed my first ever season in FM 11 and I was wondering what's the game's basis on choosing the Manager of the Season. What I'm referring to is if in case of a tie in the voting process, 3 managers getting 4 votes each, how does the game choose which manager is better? Is it the number of games played? Win ratio? Goals? Goals conceded? :confused:

usually it goes to the manager of the club that wins the League title. However, sometimes it can go to a manager that manages a poor club that finishes near the top of the league.

EG - you manage aston villa to a top 3 league finish, you should get the manager of the year over a Dalglish led Liverpool that wins the league title.

votes aren't shown in the game.

Hmmm... Yeah, I've never known how it's decided either. Strange enough though I'm ineligible for it in Hungary because only Hungarian Managers get the chance.

Heh, so what happens if there's no Magyar managers?

After the 11.3 patch, I started a save with Newcastle just for fun. I bought some players and went on holiday until the last game of the season, only to find out that I was one loss away from relegation. I played that game, won, and stayed in the league. The interesting part is, they gave me the manager of the year award afterwards. So, it may be just a crapshoot.

Archived