Old and New Tactics Creator

I have picked up FM11 after a long lay off (last one was FM07/08, cannot remember!)

I see that tactic creation has been given an overhaul, while there is still the option of using tactics the old way. Have there been any changes in how the old setup operates? If I was still using this, would I be missing out on crucial changes introduced by the new tactic creator?

I want to experiment, but once I tried changing tactic setup, I was told that you will not be able to go back to the new way of creating tactics. Thought I should check!

Thanks.

The tactics creator is one of the best additions to FM in years.

Definitely give it a go before deciding to go back.

If you switch to sliders you won't be able to use the touchline shouts during the matches.

Well, yes, I have been warned about the touchline shouts! They are good.

I think its just that I find it difficult to understand some of the current settings in tactics (Like philosophy etc). If there was a manual somewhere, I could use them better.

I think its just that I find it difficult to understand some of the current settings in tactics (Like philosophy etc). If there was a manual somewhere, I could use them better.

You can play a mixture of old and new tactics... when you create a tactic and convert it to classic, the message means that you can't then convert it back to the new tactics. I, like you, was worried about changing to classic but the message is more scary than the reality :)

Try T&T '10. There is a sticky thread in the tactics forum. :)

Archived