FM2011 crashes on my new laptop.

Recently got a Dell laptop XPS:

i5 2.67 Ghz

4GB Ram

GeForce 420M

installed and ran Football manager for the first time after install and patched to 11.3 fine.

Also imported my save from my PC. This save was from a 11.2 version.

Now as stated nothing went wrong after one game, decided it was fine, turned it off put it into my laptop bag, went to work where I do nothing, pluggeg in the usb mouse and tried again.

Boom! Crash after crash everytime I try to view the match engine when I'm about to kick off, sometimes a blue screen of death saying "A clock interval was not recieved" others it just hangs then crashes back to desktop.

BUT I can view the entire game once the game is over when I click on the scoreline and select TV view from there.

This makes NO Sense.

How? Why?

It worked one hour ago then the next it decides to break.

Impossible.

Nothing changed but a damned mouse being plugged in.

Why can I watch the match after the games over but it'll turn my pc off with thr blue screen when trying to watch it when kicking off?

Drivers have been updated by the way and I've set the nvidia graphics card to be the primary at all times.

The intel card is still active but I've heard you can't really turn that off.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Try verifying and defragmenting your Steam cache

Reset the computer

Verify it again then run the game if there are no errors.

If you're not on Steam, try a clean reinstall.

DVD.

Tried and doesn't work.

Oh forgot to mention I activated mcAfee but can't remember if that was before or after.

Been thinking of uninstalling it since I'm not a fan of the software but since it's free... >_>

It is certainly worth either deactivating your antivirus or at least making sure that it is not sweeping the game in real time as it could be cleaning temporary files that are needed by the game.

uninstalled mcafee and still the same error, just crashes out to desktop.

Haven't seen the bluescreen for a while though.

Just to reiterate, the entire game runs fine, the match WILL run if I don't view the highlights.

The second I press the classic view or TV view the sound stutters and the game hangs for a few seconds before crashing out.

Once the game is over (obviously never once clicking on the actual tv view) I can watch the entire game in TV View.

Only after the game is finished, and there's no lag of any sort or stutter, it just loads up and boom I can scroll across the bar at the bottom to my hearts content, no problems.

Only problem, in a match and trying to switch or start in TV view.

Oh also forgot to mention, tried a test with a new game, just picked Arsenal and zoomed through to the first game versus reserves and the match loaded up fine so I thought it was my save.

Made a new game with all the leagues, proper options etc, started as Dover Athletic and it died when I went into the match.

so I tried a new game with Arsenal again sped through options and this time it too also died when trying to load match.

Could be a laptop problem but I'm not sure what it could be and other games work perfectly fine.

That and why would it only crash during match loadup with what seems to be a VERY occasional success?

Far too random.

Archived