Work permit for exceptional talents

I think it's something along the likes of

"Player has an exceptional skill that can't be found in local players"

and

"Player has the ability to significantly boost football standards in the country"

I think it's something along the likes of

"Player has an exceptional skill that can't be found in local players"

and

"Player has the ability to significantly boost football standards in the country"

Correct. That is the way it works IRL, but in FM CA, PA... is calculated. :D

For English leagues it's PA > 150

Not always in my game. Player, league and nationality reputation also seem to play a part too. In particular, I recently tried to sign a couple of young African players with PA 160+ (checked using FMRTE) whose work permits were rejected, even on appeal. I had to send them out to my Polish feeder club.

and here is me thinking about how many internationals he has played and forget about buying under 18 brazilians unless they are already wonderkids

Thats is primary thing. If they played more then 75% matches for their national team over one year, they will get WP, if not then when you appeal they will look if they are exceptional talents.

The editor says that it's PA > 150. Try reloading before the appeal a few times and it will get accepted. Also check what the scout reports say although I've seen scouts getting it wrong too.

You pretty much answered your question. CA, PA, reputation (and maybe some other factors) are calculated.

Yeah I know they are all calculated, but I was wondering if there was a threshold (i.e. at least 150 pa, and at least 5000 world rep) as an example. And I know that scouting players results usually in determining whether a player could get a wp, but unfortunately my board won't allow scouting outside Europe.

I've tried getting a player with pa of 178 and failing, so obviously it needs higher rep or ca.

Archived