I now know why teams put awesome players into the reserves to rot! (with player names)

My Assistants have always been absoloute idiots, and I thought it may have to do with something about the individual assistant. I have been through many, many assistants because of this and now I've decided that it really is that they are ALL ********!

So the one on the left is how my team is currently lining up, Veloso and Benzerga are currently battling it out for a position, but Benzerga has been doing better so far. The one on the right is how my assistant thinks it should line up:

The two teams

Now in truth, there is some merit in that line up, the key word here is some. Lenny is quite a decent player for that position, however despite Costanzo's lack of speed, his dribbling, crossing and overall ability makes up that his lack of pace. He also makes a very good midfielder and so yeah, no an overly bad view by the assistant there. However Vidal on the left... I have always been seriously confused with this, every last assistant believes this to be his calling. However Vidal is amazing in the air, rather slow, isn't fantastic at crossing, is a amazing with his Marking and tackling and well, and on the very few occasions he has been forced to be played on the left, he's been terrible. But this isn't really what I have a problem with, it's their "suggestions".

These have been the recent one's from his report. "He feels that there is no adequite cover for our defense, if a key player like Werner was ever injured, then he doubts the likes of Andy Page (a fairly poor youth player) could fill in"... Just on this one comment I see a few problems, 1. I have more than 3 defenders... Vidal, Davies, Hart, Rajkovic, Werner, Skrtel, Janssens... There are plenty of great defenders, infact there are many many good defenders between them and Andy Page!

Next one was: "He believes that the team in it's current state could do with a couple more midfielders to give us more strength in the middle of the park." Let's think; Muamba, Mascherano, Veloso, Benzerga, Costanzo, Afellay, Teixeira... Nah, I need some more!

Oh well...

My Assistants have always been absoloute idiots, and I thought it may have to do with something about the individual assistant. I have been through many, many assistants because of this and now I've decided that it really is that they are ALL ********!

So the one on the left is how my team is currently lining up, Veloso and Benzerga are currently battling it out for a position, but Benzerga has been doing better so far. The one on the right is how my assistant thinks it should line up:

The two teams

Now in truth, there is some merit in that line up, the key word here is some. Lenny is quite a decent player for that position, however despite Costanzo's lack of speed, his dribbling, crossing and overall ability makes up that his lack of pace. He also makes a very good midfielder and so yeah, no an overly bad view by the assistant there. However Vidal on the left... I have always been seriously confused with this, every last assistant believes this to be his calling. However Vidal is amazing in the air, rather slow, isn't fantastic at crossing, is a amazing with his Marking and tackling and well, and on the very few occasions he has been forced to be played on the left, he's been terrible. But this isn't really what I have a problem with, it's their "suggestions".

These have been the recent one's from his report. "He feels that there is no adequite cover for our defense, if a key player like Werner was ever injured, then he doubts the likes of Andy Page (a fairly poor youth player) could fill in"... Just on this one comment I see a few problems, 1. I have more than 3 defenders... Vidal, Davies, Hart, Rajkovic, Werner, Skrtel, Janssens... There are plenty of great defenders, infact there are many many good defenders between them and Andy Page!

Next one was: "He believes that the team in it's current state could do with a couple more midfielders to give us more strength in the middle of the park." Let's think; Muamba, Mascherano, Veloso, Benzerga, Costanzo, Afellay, Teixeira... Nah, I need some more!

Oh well...

Most assistants I've had go for the easy options and don't take into account individual instructions set up for that player. I have Teixera set up as my AML with a farrow to the ST position to the left of my lone ST, and he nearly always scored from there. I put Fernandez in the MC position with no farrow, which I know isn't his best position, but he scored plenty and got player of the season in 2013 from there.

BUT, my ass man nearly always sticks Fernandez up on the left, where he is fairly effective, but I know how best my team plays because of the instructions I've given and the form they are in.

I've tried a lot of ass mans and my best so far is Berhard Peters, who is a youth coach at the start of the game. His motivating skills give me excellent team talks rather than the broken record "for the fans" that most give, and if I can't be bothered playing a match (usually when I've already won the league) he has a near 100% win record, which I put down to his tactical knowledge section.

Speaking of letting good players rot in the reserves I totally lost my rag with my record signing over the weekend and binned him to the reserves.

I reluctantly sold Bremen's 41 goal top scorer to Roma last summer for £17.5 million, then after trawling the world for a replacement I ended up going back to Stuttgart from where I signed that player to get his replacement, also paying an inflated £17.5 million for him. My scouts said he was very good, my assessment of his attributes was that he was as good as the player I sold, but by god did he fail to perform icon_frown.gif He was so totally a fish out of water that I signed a new striker in January, ejected the £17.5 million man from my UEFA cup squad and put him in the reserves and on the transfer list for a knockdown £10 million. I was actually so annoyed that I offered him mutual termination, just to see if he was interested - unsurprisingly he said he'd go for free, but I decided not to be rash since Bremen are on the verge of financial meltdown and hope someone will come in with an offer of somewhere near £10 million icon_frown.gif

I never take any notice of my idiotic scouts etc and have lost patince so much so that I now only have one and send him to tournaments and make my own mind up about players.

I'm as guilty as the AI for letting players rot though, especially with up and coming youngsters. I buy them all thinking it's great that they will be so good in a couple of years but forgetting that my squad average age is 24 and it would be years before they even got a chance in the team icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived