would this idea work for you?

sorry if this has been mentioned, did a quick search and couldnt find anything.

what about if there were more touchline shouts, like criticising the ref for a decision, which would be available during penalties, offsides, cards etc. you could then be sent to the stands and serve your ban. similar to post match press comments relating to decisions during the game.

the benefits could be that a decision is overturned, or it affects the other teams confidence if you have it right, or affect yours if youre just been an idiot.

any comments?

A decision overturned by the ref because the manager on the touchline vocally disagrees...? Ain't gonna happen. I could understand the Fergie model though, where you can shout at the ref for decisions against you, then shout some more when you get decisions for you but no-one sent off. Not entirely sure how it would add to the game except making the manager get it off his chest.

A decision overturned by the ref because the manager on the touchline vocally disagrees...? Ain't gonna happen. I could understand the Fergie model though, where you can shout at the ref for decisions against you, then shout some more when you get decisions for you but no-one sent off. Not entirely sure how it would add to the game except making the manager get it off his chest.

tbf I agree with you, perhaps it shouldnt overturn a refs decision, but could fire your players up, or even fire the fans up (if they like you) which would fire up the team.

this has been probably thought about or written on this forum before, so i guess its probably defunct anyways. it could be interesting, if the rules are changed for the "new" respect for referees campaign.

Archived