Late season slump

Last few seasons I get to Feb / March / April and my once successful team start to collapse. Looking at falling out of the play-offs having topped the table for some time. I change my tactics, rotate my players, buy in new blood - nothing.

aside from 'it's you tactics' any advice? I rarely interact with players / press so wondering if its some confidence issue, or lack of, and players bottling it.

I had the same problem. Turns out my teamtalk effects were wearing off. I had to mix them up a bit. Been using the same teamtalk too much?

Last few seasons I get to Feb / March / April and my once successful team start to collapse. Looking at falling out of the play-offs having topped the table for some time. I change my tactics, rotate my players, buy in new blood - nothing.

aside from 'it's you tactics' any advice? I rarely interact with players / press so wondering if its some confidence issue, or lack of, and players bottling it.

almost certainly "squeaky bum time", especially if you have a young squad.

I basically demand performances at the business end of the season, especially from key players. If your key players turn up, they drag the rest of the team with them (usually) so concentrate on motivating them. If you have players that respond positively to "expect a performance!" or "pick up where you left off!" home and/or away, demand they "turn up" every game... it's obviously NOT a good idea to demand performances from those who can't handle the pressure though.

In my experience, i don't like demanding performances unless the player(s) got superb or very good moral. Would try with ur captain to give it a go none the less.

take a close look at the motivation screen on your team stats to see how they react

It's your team talks, mate.

Your players have either become complacent in which case you need to start demanding performances or they're succumbing to the pressure of a late season title/promotion/relegation race in which case you should try to use "Pressure's off" more often.

Archived