Off The Ball Tactics

No mate, there is no click and drag on FM anymore. The players 'defensive' settings are controlled the same way as his offensive, by going into advanced settings and tweeking with the sliders.

To get them to help out the full back it is probably a case of reducing his forward runs a bit (thereby not having him so high up the pitch in the first place) and increasing his closing down. You can also fiddle around with his marking, and if you need to you could have him specifically man mark the oppositions full back or winger.

I'm not a tactical genius at all, especially in this game, so your best bet might be to ask in the Tactics Forum, which is full of people much cleverer than me. There might be a way to design some tactics with the right instructions so that wingers are attacking and make forward runs when you're in possession of the ball, and go defensive when the opposition have the ball. I can't seem to do it myself, and I do kind of miss the old CM1997-2000 "with ball/without ball" instructions. At least that was clearer!

I can't seem to do it myself, and I do kind of miss the old CM1997-2000 "with ball/without ball" instructions. At least that was clearer!

yeah mate i think they was the best series of games they was very simple and easy to use where this 1 is very useful when you've figured it out.

Archived