11.3 - tactics rules

every edition of football manager got its own "rules" that helps to play better in tactcs kind of way.

some of editions supports wide with low tempo nd short passing, some editions are keen on direct passing with narrow widenes and so on.

some of volumes supports when player is moving into chanells some when he cuts inside.

there are too many combinations that works better than other ones

so, i'm wondering what is that rule on 11.3 (or just to say fm 2011 in general)??

for me, it seems like it is so hard with short passing.

Well I dunno what exactly the rules are, but it's definitely affecting tactic performance.

A while ago I developed an automation script that runs through the same game in vacation mode 500 times over and records the result every time. Keeping a running average of Goals Scored, Goals Conceded and Points Gained. So far I only had time to test "Il Devasto" tactic on the new version as it takes about 5 hours for my script to finish and where I was getting just over 1.3 points per game on average 11.2, the average dropped to around 1.12 points per game in the new version 11.3

I'll keep trying tactics found here to see which ones still perform well... if any.

In my experience medium settings in most areas worked quite well with 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-2-3-1 both formations seam to work pretty great with balanced settings.

Every time I tried very wide or narrow formations I had some games where I dominated and some where my team didn't perform at all.

I think it's pretty realistic that medium settings produce the most constant results since they should work fairly well against every other formation even though it might lack the extremly dominant games that some of the more extreme settings produce.

Archived