Chairman Hidden Attributes

As my club heads towards a takeover, I thought I'd use Genie Scout to look at what the change would mean and it's left me with a question. There are four hidden attributes associated with chairmen; Interference, Patience and Resources are all fairly explanatory, but the fourth one is merely identified as Business. As I'm hopefully getting quite a good bump in said attribute (current chairman = 2, new chairman = 13) it'd be useful to know what sorts of things this affects!

**TAKEN FROM THE OFFICIAL SI RESEARCH DOCUMENTATION GUIDELINES**

how good he/she is at the business side of running a club. This affects how much money the Chairman gives from his wealth.

1 - chairman has no intention of running the club like a business

20 - chairman runs the club for maximum profit

Cheers aussieant. That does beg the question (albeit not necessarily here) of why Genie Scout thinks a Chairman with Business 2 and Resource 9 (suggesting he doesn't care about profit from the club and has money to invest) is worse than one with Business 13 and Resource 3 (suggesting he wants to milk the club and won't back it up!) I think I'd presumed that a higher business rating meant a better ability to drive down costs and increase income; would that be thinking too much like an economist?

auberius

For the long-term future of the club, the second scenario is much better. High business rating would suggest that he will ensure the club does not run into debt, and doesn't waste money looking for the success of a fan. The first guy might be well intentioned, but is more likely to run up bills, and allow his managers to spend money he doesn't have.

I guess the other question is whether it makes him more likely to want to extract said profit from the club? I wouldn't mind if Tom's hunch was right and it does mean the club operates more within its means (that seems only sensible) but if it results in money being taken out of the club, that wouldn't be so good.

In the end the takeover's been a bit disappointing; despite the news items suggesting he might pay off my debts (the club had just taken out a £10m loan for a new stadium) his personal message on taking over said there'd be no new investment in the club at this stage. So I'm now looking at the £6m cash reserve I've built up (for a club with the lowest attendance and fourth-lowest wage bill in the Championship) and worrying a little...

**TAKEN FROM THE OFFICIAL SI RESEARCH DOCUMENTATION GUIDELINES**

how good he/she is at the business side of running a club. This affects how much money the Chairman gives from his wealth.

1 - chairman has no intention of running the club like a business

20 - chairman runs the club for maximum profit

Is there any way I can get a copy of these research guidelines? Sounds like an interesting read.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived