U-24 Bosman Compensation Rule

Just to confirm, does the rule regarding paying compensation for u-24 players when signing them on Bosmans mean that, if I've offered a better deal and the player refuses, the player cannot choose to leave the club when his contract expires and stays on the month-to-month deal until I say so?

Looking for clarification because if that is the case, the agent system is even dumber than it looks!

You'll find that the Under-24 player rule isn't working properly, i think it's been acknowledged that the new agent interaction has essentially screwed this rule up, but it's being looked at as far as i know and SI are aware of it.

I've offered 2 players better contracts, which their Agent refused so the player couldn't get a chance to "reject" it like they could in FM10 where you'd offer them a deal and they'd decide before giving an answer days later.

Those 2 players then left for nothing.

Just to confirm, does the rule regarding paying compensation for u-24 players when signing them on Bosmans mean that, if I've offered a better deal and the player refuses, the player cannot choose to leave the club when his contract expires and stays on the month-to-month deal until I say so?

Looking for clarification because if that is the case, the agent system is even dumber than it looks!

no what should happen is if another team signs them you should recieve compensation, however it doesnt work properly in FM, nothing to do with the agents, more to do with the bosman rule not fully being implimented.

Not sure my game's reacting in quite the same way. I've offered the player the better contract and had talks break down; his contract has expired, but he's stayed on a month-to-month deal. What was confusing me was that, as the off-season continued and he had no interest from elsewhere, his agent just wasn't budging an inch on the contract, which doesn't seem to recognise basic supply and demand as much as anything! He's now had an offer from another club late in the window, and the news item mentioned an amount of compensation; hopefully he'll go and I'll get the money!

Archived