FM11 on Andriod phones

Hi,

Just got a new phone with my contract renewal (HTC Desire HD). After much studying i have found that the Desire HD is a better/faster phone than the iphone - which i think are crap anyway.

I noticed that FM11 Handheld supports the IPad and IPhone!

Will these versions work on a Desire HD?

Will the game be available to Andriod Phones?

Is this game an Apple exclusive on handheld devices?

I am dieing to play a good football manager sim on my new phone but they all suck majorly!

Please tell me i can get it..............

Hey, don't knock the iPhone, I've got a Desire too but I appreciate what both phones offer. :) I love the Android phones, but they are a bit too technical for their own good at times (ie. buggy), my Desire screen often scrolls by itself for example.

I'd love to play FM on my Desire too, but I believe this has been asked on another forum recently and the SI official answer was no, or at least don't expect it any time soon. So to answer your questions individually:

1. No, the iPhone versions won't work on an Android phone, as they're for a different 'format'.

2. Like I said above, the SI answer is the game won't be available for Android, it's at least not planned currently as I understand it.

3. You could say it's an Apple 'exclusive' in the fact that the only mobile phone version of the game out or in development currently that I'm aware of is for the iPhone, though the PSP version is very similiar, if you're interested in just having a portable version of FM.

I would imagine as well that each android manufacturer will have differnet formats as well so until there is one format for all android phones it will probably never happen.

I would imagine as well that each android manufacturer will have differnet formats as well so until there is one format for all android phones it will probably never happen.

Nope, Android is Android, much like a PC running Windows is a PC running Windows. You obviously get different manufacturers making PCs and the specs vary, some handling FM better than others, and the same is true of handsets. But most of the mid to high-end Android phones are pretty similar under the hood, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to port it in that respect.

I'd only be interested if it didn't divert too much manpower from the PC version, that'll always be where I put the hours in and I'd much rather the guys at SI continued to concentrate on keeping me hooked each year :D

Archived