New Challenge needed

Hello all,

I need a new challenge for FM, been playing FM/CM since the year dot, get bored of the same old game so before I’ve tried things like:

- Take Braintree (BSQ South) to winning the Prem & CL

- Sell all non English players within 1 year and build an all English team and win the Prem & CL (did this with Ipswich)

- Run EPL, La Liga and Seria A leagues, win the league in England with all English team, then Spain with all Spanish, then Italy with all Italian

Any other ideas? Maybe a sleeping giant in some random European country?

Or maybe build a team from all freebies and never allow myself to sign a player for actual money?

Maybe take one of the Scottish teams other than Celtic & Rangers and dominate with them?

be interested to hear your ideas and your own challenges you have set yourself in the past.

One of the challenges I would like to do in my game is the Scottish challenge of breaking up the Celtic/Rangers dominance. However, at present I want to manage alot of the top teams so that I can sign the best known players to say that I have manged them. Its great to sign Crouch or other players of that calbre, so I think when I go for this challenge it will be later on in my journeyman game

One of the challenges I would like to do in my game is the Scottish challenge of breaking up the Celtic/Rangers dominance.

Maybe take one of the Scottish teams other than Celtic & Rangers and dominate with them?

be interested to hear your ideas and your own challenges you have set yourself in the past.

This is what I'm currently working on at the moment.

Completed 13 seasons with Berwick Rangers so far. After getting to the SPL, we have won 2 titles and a handful of cups! Really satisfying stuff but still really difficult to compete with the Old Firm due to them having stadiums 5 times as big as mine and a better fan base to boot. We'll get them eventually!

Here's the link to my career thread if anyone wants to read, (there's a 10 season summary in the middle somewhere)

The SPL is a good challenge, i chose my team Hearst and set myself targets of clearing debts (approx 30M from memory) and winning leagues.

Clearing debts means selling good players, fortunately youth facilities are decent and the squad is full of exciting young players who can all be sold for healthy amounts. The team can then be filled with decent low cost options or freebies. Obviously winning the league is more difficult with the low cost option so it is hard to keep the balance right.

4 th season in, Ive cleared atleast half the debt ad won the league twice. A couple of nice european runs also helped swell the bank balance! I find that ech year i sell my most promising youngster, or whichever one is most desperate to move to abigger club, and try and replce with aging EPL stars on single year contracts, Ive had Yobo, Lescott, Hargreaves, Darren GIbson, Mensah.

Although its my team so i am biast, i find it a really good challenge! And no matter how ofetn you win the SPL, winning the CL is another matter altogether! Something ive never done in all Fm's...cam close twice! :(

Give it a shot, for an even bigger challenge choose Dundee, they are kinda a sleeping giant! MASSIIVE debts, administration and a 25 point deduction make the first season a real challenge!

I think I might try taking on some sleeping giant from some really Random nation. I prefer teams with a decent sized stadium and minimal debts.

m8 pick Nk Maribor from Slovenia :)

or build a "gaint" team where all players are bigger than 190cm mor more :D :D

Thanks for the replies :)

I've gone for a Turkish Team, Buyukisper Bid (or someone), they start with £2.5m balance, 80,000 stadium, 0 (zero) season ticket holders and seem to get around 2000 people (yes 2 thousand) turn up for games at £4 a ticket!

Oddly the team seems half ok, on par with a championship (Eng) side i'd say. Alot of players are out of contract within a year though and nobody seems to want to buy any players (this could be a FM11 general selling players problem though).

Oddly you seem to get £292k for winning a league game, half that for a draw, strange. No idea how it will go but worth a shot, only allowed max 8 foreign players in the squad too.

My aim is to take them into the CL, eventually win it and build up the rep of the Turkish league, and hopefully get more people coming to see the team :)

I'd welcome any mega bargain turkish player recomendations.

Archived