my love for fm is back with avengence

fm was beginning to slip off my radar over the last few versions in my opinion because of how i "liked" to play the game. i would always be a big team and try and continue their success but i ddnt realise its downfall.

when i first started to play the managing series as a 10 year old this is what i would do, finding great players to buy was exciting as i didnt really know them or had i heard of them. however once i reached an age where i inhaled football like i inhale air their where no great players to find because i knew who they where, i either heard of them or seen them play.

so unknowingly the thing i liked most about the game was no longer "exciting" me, so new game after new game i just rapidly got board and didnt really get into games like i used to. recently though i started a llm save and it has re-ignited the flame, i no longer know who are the best players and where to get them, more importantly the excitement of trawling through unknown nations clubs to unearth gems has gripped me once more, i can take hours just looking for the right player.

so if anyone else felt the way i was about fm give this a try and you will not be dissappointed!

just if anyone wants to know i took over blyth in the bsn, still fighting for promotion although it could have happened this season just gone had we picked up a draw in our last game. unfortunately my 2 best strikers where out injured and we got beat 1-0 and went to the playoffs instead. needless to say without our star strikers we couldnt score and lost both legs of the playoff semis 1-0.

time to go on the player hunt again for next season :D

I had exactly the same thoughts back with FM06. I had spent the vast majority of my CM/FM days managing huge clubs and buying the famous names and upcoming stars but was starting to get bored with it. I tried a new type of game starting at the bottom and it has changed the way I play the game for good. Gone are the days where a long game for me would be five seasons, I now consider 15-20 seasons a short term game!

I had exactly the same thoughts back with FM06. I had spent the vast majority of my CM/FM days managing huge clubs and buying the famous names and upcoming stars but was starting to get bored with it. I tried a new type of game starting at the bottom and it has changed the way I play the game for good. Gone are the days where a long game for me would be five seasons, I now consider 15-20 seasons a short term game!

i think its how i will play from now on, im always itching to get back on it which is a feeling i havent had for a few versions of the game, cant see myself getting bored anytime soon..

Archived