International Matches

A lot of people manage a club and an international team, i was wondering whether playing players in important matches(european qualifying, world cup) helps their development at all? Maybe not the veterans but what about a good up and coming wonderkid? Do international matches push up their PA? Is it all about club matches?

What if i have a wonderkid in my club squad, he doesn't get playing time, but i manage him internationally and he's a starter for that country(or atleast a sub), does he get better?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Going by the higher standard of football theory, i can only assume then that like real life. That by purchasing players from lesser leagues....lower divisons or smaller nations that they can improve by playing (well or poorly) at a better standard with your team. Chris Smalling for example ... Maidstone (i think) - Fulham - Man u. = 3-4 years or something.

And on that theory, even if the player is playoing porrly at a far higher standard then surely its stands him in good stead for future - Just a steeper learning curve??

Going by the higher standard of football theory, i can only assume then that like real life. That by purchasing players from lesser leagues....lower divisons or smaller nations that they can improve by playing (well or poorly) at a better standard with your team. Chris Smalling for example ... Maidstone (i think) - Fulham - Man u. = 3-4 years or something.

And on that theory, even if the player is playoing porrly at a far higher standard then surely its stands him in good stead for future - Just a steeper learning curve??

yes and no, if they are not good enough for that level or dont have the potential to be good enough at that level then you will be doing them more harm than good in the long run. Development of attributes seems to be linked to level of performances, so if you have a young guy playing out his skin the chances of his attributes increasing are greater, if he plays very poorly and is out his depth he wont really develop like he should.

The same would apply to international football, if they are not good enough for that level they wont really improve much being thrown in so to speak.

I don't know if i agree with that because everyone knows from experience that when you have a wonderkid at your club, he might be really bad for half a season to a season but if you play him consistently and he has the potential to be amazing, he achieves his potential after playing poorly and doesn't stagnate or get worse.

I don't know if i agree with that because everyone knows from experience that when you have a wonderkid at your club, he might be really bad for half a season to a season but if you play him consistently and he has the potential to be amazing, he achieves his potential after playing poorly and doesn't stagnate or get worse.

thats because he is a wonder kid who has the potential to be great at that level, most wonder kids have attributes on a level that means they can perform at a top level almost immediately, they may not perform consistantly well right away because they are young, but will progress into top players, but players who are not going to be good enough will struggle constantly.

We obviously have differing opinions as to what defines a wonderkid, but that hardly matters. From what you've mentioned, international matches help improve CA as long as they have an appropriate level(similar to club level), however, the example i gave was that a kid with the potential to be a world-beater can play poorly at a high/highest level and still mature. Just because a person has the potential to play at the high level doesn't mean his starting stats can, so if i were to play a 1star in a 3star environment, he would still get better in a club environment(even if he were playing poorly), why do you suggest that is different for international matches?

Archived