SI - Sort Out Your Mods

as they are closing threeads for no other reason other than the fact that they 'think' they might get out of hand.

e

I was just reading one on piracy that a mod closed despite the fact that I could find nothing in there that contraviened you own rules for this forum. I had a thread I started a few months ago listing a few flaws which was closed with a similar end statement from a mod (only for it to be re-opened upon appeal whereby I drew the attention to the fact that no rules had been broken) yet this still seems to be a practce that continues now. To me it seems that some of the mods themselves do not appear to fullly understand either the purpose of this forum nor the fact that sometimes out of a 'healthy' debate can come some good ideas. I don't know about other people on this forum but personally I find this place an incredibly useful source of information for all manner of things FM but quite often feel that bigger things are missed due to over zealous mods acting like they have some kind of 'quota' of threads that they have to close in order to appear as if they are actually doings something constructive in these forums and therefore justifying their position as a mod.

I fully undertand that the job is not always an easy one as there are a hefty number of people posting who not only lack the ability to 'debate' points contructively but who also seem to feel the need to decend into aggreisve and rude responses to things they don't like but to ruin it for tor those of us who do want to discuss points and try to offer some advice/suggestions/opinions seems incredibly unfair and is something that seeems to becoming more of a regular occurance. If it continues then the boards will become so massively diluted and regimented that very little good will come from them whatsoever so please, sort the mods out and ensure that they know not only the rules of the board but why these forums are actually here as at the end of the day we are all paying customers who not only have a right to an opinion but are being actively encouraged to express them by the very nature of these forums

Archived