How do I make sure my team draw's at all costs?

So what if I am a top tier club, playing a minnow in the FA Cup... Expecting to win at least 8-0.

How may I enforce to the team that I wan't a 0-0 draw, so we may play a replay at my ground the next week?

Is it possible, to just stack all your players at one end and give them instructions to not score at all costs?

Weird request I know, but I want to see how many matches I can have in a season.

That hard to use math to calculate how many matches you can have in one season huh? Have you even qualified for the Champions League in the last possible place in order for you to have the maximum ammount of qualification rounds possible?

EDIT: I doubt you will be able to draw every single match and then also win it for you to qualify further so I'd say your task is almost impossible. I suggest using math.

38 Barclays Premier League matches

1 FA Community Shield match

6 Champions League Group Stage matches

7 Champions League Knockout matches

6 Carling Cup matches ( if you qualified for european competitions ), 7 if you didn't.

10 FA Cup matches

Per total, 68 matches played in a season.

Note: I didn't and couldn't calculate Qualification Matches for Champions League. It's more complicated since it's depending on how you placed last season + that means you wouldn't be able to play the FA Community Shield match. Hope that helps a bit. Beats me why you would go around drawing the entire season just to see how many matches you can play. That is absurd! No manager in his mind would want to do that! Keep your players in shape don't make them drop their tongues out.

Yeah fair enough. I know how many games that you can play in a season. I just think it would be interesting to draw with lower teams to force a replay. Or to stuff up some results of some rivals on the table if necessary.

I'll play around with tactics and just pray that I don't score I guess, and then hopefully smash in the replay ;).

Would be a cool option if you could tell your team to "go for the draw"!

In one FM 2010 save I qualified for the Euro because England got a sporting play draw. That put me in the first round and I ended up winning the tournament. That was 38 league games and 23 euro games. I don't remember how far I advanced in the FA and League cup but I am pretty sure I won at least two games in each so that is another 6 games for a total of 67.

In another save I repeated as FA and Champions Cup winners so I had 38 league, 13 champions, 6 FA cup, community shield, Euro super cup, 2 world club championship, and at least 2 league cup for 63 or so.

My conclusion is that the best way to run up the maximum number of games has to be the sporting play draw.

That hard to use math to calculate how many matches you can have in one season huh? Have you even qualified for the Champions League in the last possible place in order for you to have the maximum ammount of qualification rounds possible?

EDIT: I doubt you will be able to draw every single match and then also win it for you to qualify further so I'd say your task is almost impossible. I suggest using math.

Actually, you are better off doing it after a "win everything" season.

You lose 2 games by not having CL qualifying, but gain the community shield, super cup and world club championships.

So:

38 league games

13 champions league games

1 supercup game

2 world club championship games

6 carling cup games

10 fa cup games

Total: 70 games.

It's possible that by finishing 3rd in your Champions League group you would play more. No idea if UEFA Cup has more games post-december than champions league.

Archived