My new team has only 3 HG players for the Champions League...

I have just taken the helm of Milan in the year 2023, inheriting a bloody good squad! However, when I went to register my team for the Champions League, only 3 of the players had the "trained at the club for 3 years between 15 and 21" requirment, meaning I was 5 short and unable to submit my team. There were absolutely no other players in the team from my 1st team down to the U20's that could play.

The only thing is, this very same team just one year before me started playing in the Champions League with no problems. Why was the AI allowed to play with that squad yet I am not? Is that a bug or is it just different rules for the AI?

Yeah, the AI could've simply not registered 5 players and they would be able to compete with 20 players. Come January you can remove up to 3 players and replace them so you'd essentially be safe, and it could've been what the AI did.

You can still have all the available HG players in the squad. I can't remember is it 4HG club and 8 HG nation. If that's correct I think it is, anyway that means you can have up to 17 non HG players so you shouldn't have any problems submitting the squad.

Archived