Should goalkeepers have a Technique attribute?

I think they should. How am I supposed to know if they are reliable with the ball on their feet or if they'll just make a great assist to the opposition striker?

The First Touch attribute can help but I still think those are different things. With the First Touch attribute I know how well my GK can return first time passes, but I don't know if he can effectively dominate the ball with his feet.

The Technique attribute would also be useful in conjunction with the Free Kick attribute. As discussed in this thread, Technique is essential to determine if a player is a good FK taker. As things stand, I don't know if my GK with 20 for FK Taking can pull off a tricky FK over the wall.

I just noticed something odd.

Reading the OP, I thought "hang on... my goalkeepers do have a technique attribute... don't they?" So I had a look, and, of course, indeed, no such thing in the GK's profile.

However, if I look at my goalkeepers in the team screen and select view attributes > technical...

See that rightmost attribute? That's... a technique attribute.

EDIT: With suspiciously low values.

11rrpko.png

Most keepers would only be Sunday league footballers if they weren't playing in goal so there is no problem with them being marked down.

My keepers are Ed De Gea who has 10 and Jack Butland who also has 10.

Just noticed my keeper for England, Joe Hart has 6, but a 13 penalty taking attribute and 11 for composure. Might be useful in penalty shootouts.

How are you doing with Heerenveen, BF?

I came second in the Eredivisie in the first season, then in season two I pretty much screwed my team up with some poor transfers and now I think I've stopped playing... which seems to describe how most of my FM saves turn out, for some reason. :p I'll probably have another go from the beginning, though.

Archived