Made a couple of signings... What would you do?

Signed Lukaku for £7 million. What you think his best role is, I was looking for a Carroll-esque forward to fit into a system I play and could have got him for the same price - Hearing the comparisons with the Drog I went for Romelu. Looking at his stats though I am not sure what would be his best role.

I am also a sucker for a good deal and signed Vela for £2.7 million from Arsenal. Feel he could deffo do a job so I've dropped Macheda to the reserves and will try to get him out on loan. Good business sense or a waste of money?

Cheers.

Lukaku is a target man (Attack duty). Not sure about Vela as I never had him.

What you do with Lukaku depends on what team you are, the formation you play, the players in your squad and what exactly are your hopes for the season.

I had him at West Ham, first season, in the prem. My only other striker was Piquonne. I played one up front alone with two inside forawrds on the fllanks.

My team was very young and my aim for the season was to avoid relegation, I did not intend to win the league.

Therefore, with that in mind, I didnt mind playing a 17 year old undeveloped player upfront alone in many of my matches.

Giving him plenty of games certainly helps him to improve very fast and in season two, he was undoubtedly a very good Prem striker even though only 18 still.

If you are at a bigger club with bigger ambitions and a better starting squad, you will have difficulty giving him 30 odd games at age 17. He will still develop, just at a slowe rate.

I also recomend that you intensify his training schedule, he can handle it.

Lukaku is pure class and will be a star for years to come in your side, and if you goy him at 17, he will be "Trained at club" too ;)

Archived