Youth academy

Over the last few months i have been doing moderatly well in leagues all over the world. However, i've noticed that youngsters develop say more in italy than they do in england.

For example, i took some young english prodigy to juventus banged him in the you set up and by the time it was ready for him to have a run in the first team he had virtually maxed out his PA.

Whlist in england i found that some of these young players weren't even developing that well, also, i was get a decent range of potential in italy when the youth was promoted between 140-170.

Does it make any difference to what country your in and how the youngsters develope?

I don't know about the game, but IRL it definitely does. Think of a league such as Spain, where there are also reserve teams and youth teams, and a league like Italy, where there are no reserves. Sure a player would develop faster in Spain, because he has more chances of playing at a higher level than the youth one, while in Italy that high level means getting loaned out in Serie C or B, which TBH is not that high.

I don't know about the game, but IRL it definitely does. Think of a league such as Spain, where there are also reserve teams and youth teams, and a league like Italy, where there are no reserves. Sure a player would develop faster in Spain, because he has more chances of playing at a higher level than the youth one, while in Italy that high level means getting loaned out in Serie C or B, which TBH is not that high.

whereas the second or third spanish divisions are of a higher level? there is no reserve league as such in spain their teams plan in the lower leagues of the spanish leagues.

whereas the second or third spanish divisions are of a higher level? there is no reserve league as such in spain their teams plan in the lower leagues of the spanish leagues.

True. Although it functions similarly, in some ways, to having a good reserve league. Right now I'm playing as Sampdoria and let me say that I sorely miss the nice reserve league structure of England. It takes much longer to get players up to match fitness and harder to let them all develop.

Archived