This is my story

[bACKSTORY]

I'm managing Liverpool. Quite succesfull with them having won Premiership back to back in the first 2 seasons. I'm now in my 3rd season Jan transfer window.

[sITUATION]

Fulham made a bid to one of my hot prospect player, so I checked his profile and find out that he only has 6 months in his contract so I immediately tried to renew his contract. After some (lousy)negotiations, his agent finally satisfied with the term that i offered(obviously i'm not satisfied). He says he'll come back in few days.

.......2 days later..........

*NEWS HEADLINE*

Suso(players name) commits his future to Liverpool.

(same day)

I noticed that Fulham's bid for Suso is still active so I went to transfer screen and and press reject.

What I get?

An angry agent coming to me and said that because the previous breakdown in Fulham's bid for Suso, he demanded that I offer a new contract to his client. WHAT??!! He just signs a contact with the club. Why the hell that he demands a new contract within 24 hrs the signed the first contract.

I had 2 options that time

*Offer Contract

*Reject ~sumthing (I forgot the exact word)

I pressed reject. And then I press Continue

*INBOX*

-Suso Unhappy

So, I had conversation with him.This is what happened:

PIC 1

PIC 2

As you can see, he leaves.

*INBOX*

Suso requests transfer

I don't know what to do right now.

You know what I'm feeling right now. I feel cheated. This is just a story(of my life) that I thought wanna share with you guys.

Any thoughts of this.

It's definitely a problem that a) agents ask for new contracts in light of transfer fees being rejected as if its some sort of well-earned loyalty bonus and b) its very easy to cause a permanant rift on one minor thing with player interaction, which is why in most cases I stear clear of it, let the player be temporarily unhappy at not getting a new contract and carry on.

Archived