Asst. Coach pre-match advice and player selection disagree?

I dunno if it's a bug, or it's supposed to be that way, but any time I use "ask to pick" feature, it doesn't pick anybody: it keeps the same players from the last game. From ANY coach. The only difference is substitutes and their order. I wonder why this feature doesn't work?? But anyway, I stopped using it because of that.

If they tell you to drop somebody because of poor form and bad rating in the LAST game, and you have somebody to substitute him, you better do, or the game may "punish" you for being "stubborn", happened to me before. But, if his last game was not too bad, you might try to give him another chance, maybe his cold streak is over and their advice came in too late.

I dunno if it's a bug, or it's supposed to be that way, but any time I use "ask to pick" feature, it doesn't pick anybody: it keeps the same players from the last game. From ANY coach. The only difference is substitutes and their order. I wonder why this feature doesn't work?? But anyway, I stopped using it because of that.

If they tell you to drop somebody because of poor form and bad rating in the LAST game, and you have somebody to substitute him, you better do, or the game may "punish" you for being "stubborn", happened to me before. But, if his last game was not too bad, you might try to give him another chance, maybe his cold streak is over and their advice came in too late.

the game doesnt "punish" you. i was advised to drop berbatov becuase he was in poor form, I didnt. and he scored twice. If thats a punishment I'll have that every day

I agree, sometimes it works, yes. but often it doesn't. if a player is in a bad form last 5 games, and you have others on the bench, why take chances and insist? maybe better to let him sit off for couple games, as it may backfire on you.

I agree, sometimes it works, yes. but often it doesn't. if a player is in a bad form last 5 games, and you have others on the bench, why take chances and insist? maybe better to let him sit off for couple games, as it may backfire on you.

I guess it depends on whether you feel you can get a response from him. I got a good response from a private chat and then he responded well to my teamtalks

that's also true. I had all strikers on cold streak, nobody scoring, staff kept suggesting I drop one of them. But I had no replacement, as others were no better at the moment, even worse. So I had no choice but keeping him, and managed to get him going through team talks. I guess it all depends on the situation and particular player.

One thing I'd like to see changed is the way the assistant handles the reserves. I noticed that my young up and comers weren't getting played, in favour of u-18's players. So I took control of my reserve team. My standard practice, always, is to get a couple of second opinions before choosing my teams(one fitness coach/defending/general), but I noticed that sometimes they just say there aren't enough players to pick from, when yes they are crap, but there are players to choose from. If you could have a 'make sure everyone is getting a game' option for reserves. The 'place in reserves until match fit' doesn't always work. Plus with regards to poor form, my assistant will say 'drop this player' but then when asked for a second opinion, puts the same player in the starting line up. It's not a big problem, but could be addressed.

Archived