"You have not selected a captain"

During a game, a defender sustained an injury and needed to be substituted. Once I made my substitution and subsequent tactical changes, the following message appeared.

Return to match?

You have made 1 substitution.

You have made tactical changes.

You have not selected a captain. Anderson will be selected as captain.

Keep these changes and return to the match?

I do have a screenshot of this message but it seems I am unable to insert images into my posts.

I'm a bit confused as I thought the game didn't allow you the ability of selecting captains? What made this particular situation annoying was that it automatically identified a player called Anderson to take over the role of captain. Anderson has a leadership rating of 13 and is not the strongest candidate for this role. Another player called North (who is on the pitch) has a leadership rating of 15 and would be more suitable. Anyway, as I said previously I thought the game automatically selected the most suitable player as captain before a match begins which beggers the question, why was North not selected as my captain in the first place? The defender who went off injured has a leadership rating of 5.

You generally pick up the captain and the vice captain at the start of the season, as per what yours assistant guides you....

Keep in mind you should have a valid reason on why you want to change him (e.g he is old, time 4 change; not playing regularly; other reasons)

Mid Season you can change or order yours captain sequence like this.....

(pay attention to personality and influence)

ManchesterUnitedManUtd_Tactics-2.png

• SI Staff

The game selects captains behind the scenes for you on FMHi - it sounds like the error message is erroneous (the match engine originally started out on FMH PSP which has captain selection on it).

I'll see if I can track the message down.

I've had that message in the past too. I just figured it was because I'd subbed whichever player was automatically selected as captain and didn't think much of it.

I guess if there is no way to select a captain, or even determine who has been automatically selected then I guess it is a bit pointless to highlight the fact.

Archived