advice needed for a wantaway player

im currently managing real madrid in a network game and ramos recieved a second red card of the season. for the first one i warned him and so after the second one i decided to fine him a weeks wage. anyway, he was unhappy about this and after a conversation, he became more unhappy. after a couple of weeks he asked to be put on the transfer list which i reluctantly did.

what i want to know is, is there anything i can do to rectify the situation? because i really dont want to lose a player of his calibre over a silly situation as he would be hard to replace. he wont enter any conversations with me and on his status it says 'looking forward to leaving the club'. as you can imagine, my rival players are circling him like vultures and id be gutted to lose him to one of them.

should i just ignore the situation, keep playing him as normal and hope ramos changes his mind? or

should i place him in the reserves to let him sulk and hope he comes round? or

should i just resign myself to losing him?

any advice on how to manage the situation would be appreciated.

In the situation you describe I would:

A) Accept his transfer request but bump up his asking price to a higher level - maybe around £80m.

B) Keep playing him as normal.

If a decent bid comes in for him you may find yourself in a situation where you are forced to sell him as rejecting a bid could see him leaving for free at the end of his contract (depending on how far away that is).

Hopefully though you'll find he'll settle down again within a couple of months and ask to be taken off the list.

Punishments for cards aren't accumulative within the game.

2 yellow cards = issue a warning

1 red card (pro foul or something) = 1 weeks fine

1 Red card (violent behaviour) = 2 weeks fine.

If your player violently attacks twice in a row you can't fine him 4 weeks wages for the 2nd attack. You fine him 2 weeks for the first one, and then it's reset and you fine him 2 weeks (not 4 weeks) wages.

Similarly if they are sent off with 2 yellow cards a warning will suffice. If they are sent off in another match for 2 yellow cards you cannot fine them a weeks wages, as the punishment does not fit the crime, hence they get unhappy.

If they are sent off for a pro foul you fine them 1 weeks wages. If they are sent off for a pro foul again you cannot fine them 2 weeks wages as this makes them unhappy.

I had a player get all upitty with me over not fining players for being sent off and he went on to hate me and requested to leave the club. I sold him for 70m and he took a parting shot at me...

The Dismissal in Prior Match is severely lacking structure, I agree. And if a player gets uppity with you there is little you can do but ride it out and hope things change.

Archived