Advice on how to run FM11 quicker

Hey all.

I am 6 seasons in now on FM11 and have noticed the game 'slowing down'. Processing etc seems to take a little longer than it did at the start. I remember, at least I think I remember, there were some files you could delete on previous games to help with the speed as the season progressed. Kinda getting the old stuff that is no longer needed off the system.

Can this be done, and if so how?

Many thanks.

How much ram do you have and how many leagues are you running? Try installing gamebooster and that might help a bit as it will temporarily stop any un-needed programs currently runnning in the background. You should also make sure that any anti virus program you are currently using ignores the fm folders when its scanning as this can sometimes slow things down.

As said by Trekman stop any background programs that are using up memory. Also toggle display and game settings to low and turn off 3d if you don't use it. Regularly dis-frag and disk clean up your machine. If you are short on ram stick a bit extra in, in the grand scheme of things it does cost much. On my old laptop last years fm was quite slow. I had 1.5mb ram so took out 512kb stick and wacked a 2meg one in there and it flew! Cost under £30 as well, bargain imo!

Archived