Manager Holiday and Board Requests

Not necessarily a bug as such, but one of those little glitches where I think benefit of the doubt should be given to the person playing the game, it isn't, and its incredibly annoying.

I asked my boardroom to find a parent club. I'm playing as Dinamo Zagreb. Domestic success is easy. In December, having been knocked out of the group stage of the Champions League, I decided to take a short holiday of 10 days, to take me into the winter break.

During that time, the board came up with parent club suggestions and the game recorded me as having rejected all their suggestions (which I certainly wouldn't have done as they were good).

I've gone back to the boardroom to make the request again but now of course its greyed-out, so I'll have to wait.

Just a bit annoying this. I can understand this has to be dealt with for long-term holidays, but I would suggest that SI make an adjustment so that major decisions such as this are held until you return from holiday, at least within a certain time limit.

IRL, if I handed over the day-to-day stuff to my Ass. Man, I'm quite sure the board would wait for me.

There are a few problems with holidaying.

The AI insist on registering the max allowed players for league and continental competitions.

The AI will register 25 players (If thats the max allowed) including U21's who dont need to be registered and they will then leave out some quality players.

Dont holiday through a registration period ;)

The AI has a habit of playing players in ludicrus positions for matches cos your usual guy has 95% condition.

The AI will play reserve team players aged 17 etc, even if they are pure rubbish.

The AI has some very weird tactics, Ive seen them play 3/5/1 with a flat midfield 5 and no wing backs.

The AI agreed a sale of two top class regens from my reserve team, despite me choosing the sell only listed players option. I now set all players I want to keep to reject all offers. that seems to work.

And the worst thing of all .......... The AI controlled team does better than I do when I control things ;)

PS.... Holidaying is used more than most players would believe.

I often leave my game running on holiday overnight after backing up with a save, just for the fun of seeing what happens.

People also holiday through the spaces between games during periods of the season where there is little to do.

Archived