Pitch condition

Hi,

My pitch has not been relayed during pre-season (season 5). I only noticed this because the start of the season people are critising the pitch as unplayable. I then look and it is 'Very Poor'.

Why is this? I asked the board to relay it and they said we do not have the money. Even though that is true, we are never going to or have had money, yet it had been relayed in the past and I expect it to be relayed even if we have no money?

Will it never get relayed now and get worse and worse?

Can I ask what level/division you are playing in please? Relaying a pitch is a costly action which if you are playing at lower leagues and from what you have said in your OP, I assume you are then it won't be relaid until you have the money. If you don't have the money then it won't ever be relaid. A lot of lower league clubs don't have their pitches relaid as it isn't a necessity :thup:.

League One. It has always been fine and always been over 1 million in the red.

That's why the board will not improve the pitch because you are over £1m in the red. They have done it before if you have been £1m in the red but they may have changed their minds now. The best thing to do is to continue to try and get promoted as the extra revenue from this will bring money in. Keep pestering the board as well and when you do have the money and they feel the time is right they will agree to relay the pitch at the end of the season or whenever they feel they have to :thup:.

Also wise to consider adapting your tactics to gain an advantage over your opponents. Use the poor pitch to your benefit tactically.

My pitch with AFC Telford seemed to deteriorate quickly, though it was freshly laid at the start of the season. As such, I now have "Summer" and "Winter" variations to my standard attacking 4-4-2 system. Mainly, they're team settings for lower creative freedom and a more balanced philosophy in the winter months. On a poor pitch, I want my players to do the basics well, rather than try the pretty stuff, which doesn't tend to work so well on a boggy pitch. ;)

Archived