11.2.0 Bugged?

Having got Oldham Athletic to the championship and kept them there for a season, finishing 16th, I find myself in a completely different situation. Ive bought a few better players, got more and better coaches, yet somehow I have set an all new record "Winless Oldham set record for futility" having not won a game since 20th April 2013, current date 23rd October 2014. Have the developers secretly added something to ensure I always lose? :o

Yup

But in all seriousness this could well be due to having too high morale or overconfidence. It can also be if you use the same tactics aqnd have done for a seasn or two, the AI wise up to it. Try switching tactics and if player morale is too high then take them down a notch by fining players at every oppurtunity and transfer listing a couple of people who are friendly with other squad members.

Also when you change tactics, give it a few matches to settle in.

I highly doubt the team will be overconfident if they have been losing games for 5 months on the trot. I would focus more on being supportive and trying to take the pressure off them, trying to encourage them wherever possible. Target a run of games that looks winnable and try and get a little patch of form going.

• Administrators
Thanks for the advice, I think its due to tactics as well, but I've tried tweaking it but it doesn't seem to be working. It's a shame though you can't define how you play with more sliding bars, now its all either default or two other options.

It's not, you can click the "Advanced" button and the sliders come back. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Archived