Transferring a saved game

I've just put fm2006 on my laptop having transferred it from my pc and i want to be able to take my long term saved game with it.

I've transferred my tactics and training etc absolutely fine but cant get the game to load. I've put it in the right folder, the game recognises it but when i select it to load a message comes up saying "The save game could not be loaded".

Does anyone have any ideas how i might be able to get the save to work bearing in mind that i'm not very technically minded? Thanks.

Are you sure you copied the file over correctly, and fully? That is normally the message received when a save game has become corrupt. Does it still work on the original machine? If so, try transferring it again. If that fails then you will probably have to revert to an earlier savegame.

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Did FM06 have any patches with it? I can't remember so far back.

That's a very good point. It's version 6.03 on my pc and only 6.00 on my laptop. I'll try updating and seeing if it'll let me play the game then. If that doesn't work i'll try transferring again. Cheers both of you.

Archived