Selling deadweight players

With the new 25 player registration rule for the EPL, you often end up with too big squads and in order to buy better players you have to sell players.

What's the best technique to sell players that you need to sell that aren't world class?

For example in my game I need to sell players such as Robbie Keane, Jermaine Jenas, Jamie O'Hara.

Guest vegyegan

It is easier on the new patch I managed to sell 3 or 4 in the first transfer window, probably more than I had managed in 3 seasons before the patch.

First tell the player your going to transfer list him. This way he won't get (too) upset about it and can actually respond positively (I did this with Almunia and afterwards he thought he has a good relationship with me :)) and his team mates won't get mad, 'cos you treated someone unfairly. The player might become more willing to go somewhere else and therefore other teams will be more interested in him. Then you put him on the transfer list and wait.

If you seem to get no offers for him and no teams appear to be interested (you'll see a "Wnt" icon next to the player), try offering him to other teams. You can also try putting him on the loan list and when someone offers to take him on a loan, you just negotiate an "agreed price" for him. If your really desperate to get rid on the player and don't care about fees, you can set the price to 0, so the other team will be more interested in making the move permanent.

This is how I handle useless players, hope this helps!

Archived