How do you improve Regens?/Is this my son???

Can you guys share with me some tips on

-How to improve the general standard of regens coming in every year?

-How is it best to nurture them? (Loan? Affiliate? reserve squad? First team appearances?)

Also, one more strange thing, I have what I think is quite a unique surname: Mulumba and my nationality on my profile is DR Congo.

So I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a fella turn up in my Under 18 squad with the same surname and nationality as me. He hasn't got me as 'Favoured personnel' but is he supposed to be my son? I just cannot think of any other way that a 16 year old from Central Africa would turn up in Birmingham's under 18 squad.

My manager age is 42, I didn't post a PrintScreen of his stats because I do not know how.

Thanks

1. Improve youth recruitment network and club's reputation.

2. Play them in the first team in games that you know you'd win and they'd have decent to good ratings. Poor rating in first team is meaningless.

I believe he's your son. Congrats.

Regarding regens, I'd suggest getting your youth facilities up to top standard. And then getting great scouts to pick up young regens as soon as they're made. Obviously get great coaches too. If I think a regen is good enough to play for my first team, I'll give him a few games, usually easier ones, or half a game if I'm winning one easily. I'll loan ones out to give them regular first team football if I don't think they'll get it with me. Also, I'll give them half a season on loan, then half a season back with me getting the benefit of my facilities. I let them play in the reserves if they're promising.

If you're not on his favoured personnel, then I don't think you're his dad. Though I'm not sure about this.

I'd heard rumours that you can have a son on FM. Is it actually true?! I've also heard that your players can on rare occasions die? I mean, obviously it happens in real life (sadly, it seems to be happening more and more in recent years) so it could happen in FM right?

Also, the title of this thread made me laugh yet I can't explain why.

I'd heard rumours that you can have a son on FM. Is it actually true?! I've also heard that your players can on rare occasions die? I mean, obviously it happens in real life (sadly, it seems to be happening more and more in recent years) so it could happen in FM right?

Also, the title of this thread made me laugh yet I can't explain why.

I've never hear of newgen players dying. And real players cannot die, for legal reasons. Besides, who wants something so grim in a gameworld that's so happy?

Can you guys share with me some tips on

-How to improve the general standard of regens coming in every year?

Improve your youth facilities and get an academy and youth recruitment network active.

-How is it best to nurture them? (Loan? Affiliate? reserve squad? First team appearances?)

The most important part is getting as much first team experience as possible at as high a level as possible. If they aren't ready for minor cup games or substitute appearances with you, loan them out providing they get first team experience. After that, a good training schedule and tutoring (very important) help a lot.

Also, one more strange thing, I have what I think is quite a unique surname: Mulumba and my nationality on my profile is DR Congo.

'Scuse my ignorance, but don't West Brom have a player with that name? I also have a name that is not common in England, but as I manage in non-league, I've come across news items indicating two regen managers share my surname, so clearly adding my name once into the database generates regens with the surname. They can't be related to me, however.

So I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a fella turn up in my Under 18 squad with the same surname and nationality as me. He hasn't got me as 'Favoured personnel' but is he supposed to be my son? I just cannot think of any other way that a 16 year old from Central Africa would turn up in Birmingham's under 18 squad.

My manager age is 42, I didn't post a PrintScreen of his stats because I do not know how.

Actually, I think if he was your son, he would definitely list you as favoured personnel. However, why not just imagine that he is!!

Thanks

Nb. to another poster - no, nobody ever dies in FM. When real footballers die, like the tragedy of the Rushden goalie reported today, SI will remove them from the next database.

Archived