Lower League Management

Hi guys,

For the first time i've decided that i would try lower league management out. I decided i would start in the Blue Square south where i am currently managing Vauxhall Motors. I have played 7 games winning 5, losing 1 and drawn 1. Not too bad really.

I say this because i decided that i would try something that i have never tried before. I decided that the formation that i would try is a 4-6-0... However even though i've had success with this tactic its definately not for lower league teams. Im guessing its for more clever players higher up the leagues. So as a lower league manager what formation would you choose? Im thinking maybe a 4-4-2 will do the job.

Contracts - Whats the benefits of getting all my players / staff on full time contracts? Currently 80% of them are part time. Only the players ive signed are currently full time.

Any more information about llm football you could share with me would be most helpful.

Thanks.

It's all in here,mate:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/241531-FM11-Heathxxx-Lower-League-Management-Approach

Full-time contracts: the main benefit is full-time training. Maybe not necessary for aging warhorses or players you don't intend to retain for the next season, but all the ones you hope to develop or maintain their attributes should be full-time. Staff too do more work full-time.

I'm playing in Level 10, the Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League Division One to be precise, as Cockfosters (yes I chose them for the name lol) and have a similar record to you (15-1-1) using a pretty simple attacking 4-2-2-2 formation, utilising 2 AM wingers, short passing and high closing down. I find having players with the right attributes is more important than an intricate tactic at that level tho. For example I've gone for players with more flair and decision making in the attacking positions, with concentration being one of my most important attributes for defensive positions.

phnompenhandy explained the full-time/part-time stuff, I'm a long way from that tho :p

Archived