[FM09] Economy how do i make money in lower leagues?

i suppose this is the same for all versions but i wanted to ask about how i make money if i am in the lowest league in for example sweden, I did play a club called oskarhamn and it is a club in the lowest league in sweden and i lost money every year despice being under wage budget by 4000 SEK a week (do not know the €)

(i know that i go on wage budget alone i will lose mone y but not what to do about it

what i do know is:

1. get a parent club. for this club they refused asked about 10 times not much to do about that.

2. play bigger clubs to play you pre season. i did this but as the club has too few seats i did not make enuf money to "brake even".

3. get as low as possible in that wages and as little apperence bonus as well

Is there any other way to make money with lower leages club as i am out of a job now (i did not renew it, and that i want to use these tips in the next club)

i have heard of a way to check how much money i have to spend on wages as the wage budjet have nothing to do with the money the club actualy get.there is a way to check but i cant figure it out?

sorry if this i hard to understand as english is not my native languese.

Like in real life, it's very hard to break even or make money at that level. You've tried all the right things; the only option left is luck - the luck of a money-spinning cup tie.

I've just hit the jackpot - my little team with average crowds of 100 did brilliantly to get to the Third Round of the English FA Cup. We've been drawn away to Manchester United. We'll get hammered but the money will set us up for years. That's exactly what all lower league clubs dream of.

Do bear in mind that as long as you stay within your wage budget, the finances are the board's responsibility and the are unlikely to sack you. Just focus on the matches.

Sounds like you've already got a fair idea of things you need to focus on. Here's two more:

Parent Clubs- These will often loan players to you (who are quality at your level) without having to pay any wages; may pay you an annual fee; and will usually play an annual friendly against you.

Youngsters- Sign em up! Invest in good scouts, and look for some promising youngsters. It'd be easy to throw your money away on no-hopers, so take your time finding youths within your budget with a bright future ahead of them. When you inevitably sell them on to a bigger club, make sure to always request a 50% cut of the future transfer fee, and if they're from a rather obscure country always try to include an extortionate fee for playing their first international game (don't be afraid to make this fee HUGE if you think their new club can afford it. Then hope and pray they get a call up to the national side..or apply to manage it yourself!).

Like in real life, it's very hard to break even or make money at that level. You've tried all the right things; the only option left is luck - the luck of a money-spinning cup tie.

I've just hit the jackpot - my little team with average crowds of 100 did brilliantly to get to the Third Round of the English FA Cup. We've been drawn away to Manchester United. We'll get hammered but the money will set us up for years. That's exactly what all lower league clubs dream of.

Do bear in mind that as long as you stay within your wage budget, the finances are the board's responsibility and the are unlikely to sack you. Just focus on the matches.

That's just the ticket. I was Sutton United on last years game and drew Arsenal away in the 3rd round of the fa cup, I got spanked 6-2 but bagged the best part of a million from the attendance. I also got villa away in the league cup which brought ina very tidy sum. All in all set me up for the future

Very easy: play as many friendly matches as possible against foreign teams with smaller reputation AWAY using your first team, reserve team and youth team. You'll get 18-20K for a match and can esealy get a million during pre season! Then ask your board to increase your transfer and wage budgets and they won't refuse after getting so much money in a couple of months...

PS: I don't remember if you can do it in FM09 but you can try.

Archived